Client: Herts Living Ltd
Mace Group (Living Solutions) - Project Lead and Architecture
Refolo Landscape Architects - Landscape-led Masterplan
Price & Myers - Drainage Engineers
Turley - Planning Consultants
Treework Environmental Practice - Arboricultralist
ELMAW Consulting - Ecologist
TTP Consulting - Transport Engineer
Status: Planning April 2022
Winner Ciria susdrain 2022 SuDS Award
Category: Early Housing Schemes not yet Completed but with a Firm Commitment to Deliver and Maintain High-Quality SuDS
Aerial view of existing site
The site is predominantly hard paved areas of footpaths and a carpark to the main entrance, with margins of mown grass, evergreen shrubs, and some mature trees. There is little in the way of ecology or biodiversity, and no SuDS strategy.
SUSTAINABLE URBAN DRAINAGE
In collaboration with Price & Myers the following SuDS Components were developed for the scheme:
• No.5 Communal Rain Gardens
• SuDSTree Pit within Hard Landscape.
• Exceedance and Flow Paths to Soft Landscape
• Permeable Paving (vehicular and pedestrian)
• No.15 Roof RWP Bioretention Planters
• No.15 Roof RWP Water Butts (300L units)
• No.15 Green Roofs on Refuse Stores
• No.15 Green Roofs on Cycle Stores.
CARBON IMPACT OF THE PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT
The tables shown below were produced
using the Pathfinder calculator by Climate Positive Design.
The study shows that, with a considered approach, the proposed development can achieve
climate-positive status within 35 years.